autumn leaf
autumn street This blog is a record of my existence, and a certain latent dread that has gnawed at me for decades. Here you will find documented my descent into an ever-increasing solitude and unspoken mania that lives inside us all. This blog discusses the parts of life that lurk in the shadows: the nagging emptiness of a vacant room, the abandoned childhood stores now a maze of decaying corridors, the color of dread and the feeling you get when the evening closes all around the city. This blog is the haunting melody that you can't seem to get out of your head; the eerie sense you can't shake that you've been here before, and the clues left behind when someone vanishes. This is what remains at the end of the world.

I started this blog as a way to chronicle my thoughts in the wake of a divorce and recovery from addiction; it also serves as a collection of some of my poetry and short stories, the bulk only existing on now-yellowing pages I have kept since I began writing in middle school. This blog has evolved over the years, however, into featuring a collection of scattered thoughts, of eerie experiences I can't get out of my head, and of the stories that haunt me. I have very little contact with the outside world, and keep very few friends. When I am gone, this will be the only thing of mine that remains. I have intentionally left no contact information or means of commenting as this is merely a place to keep my thoughts on a life lived alone on the periphery of society. You are welcome to stay and read; you alone are one of a few that know I exist at all.

August 31, 2026

Weird, Overcast Sunday

Yesterday afternoon I took a few pictures of some very eerie things (and places) in and around my neighborhood.